Giving The Gift of Groceries
Did you know that anyone can purchase commissary gift cards, but only authorized commissary customers may redeem them? That means anyone can give the gift of groceries to military customers this holiday season – or any time of year!
Separations created by the demands of military service are a tough part of military life.
Whether it’s a single service member or a family, using commissary gift cards lifts spirits. The commissary’s quality products and services remind them of home…-CSM Tomeka O’Neal, Senior Enlisted Advisor to DeCA’s Director
Commissary gift cards help service members and their families enjoy the comforts and familiar tastes of home, no matter where they may be stationed around the globe, which can be especially meaningful during the holidays.
Through programs like commissary gift cards, we continue to demonstrate the value of the benefit and the heart of the military community as it takes care of its own.-Bob Bunch, Commissary Gift Card Program Manager
But before you visit a store, if you’re not a commissary customer, call ahead to check what the local guest access policies are for the installation and the commissary, especially overseas! (You can find a list of commissary locations and contact information on our official website.)
New “Open Value” Cards Make Giving More Convenient & Personalized
This year, you can personalize the gift of groceries even more with our new “open value” gift cards, which allow you to choose the amount of money you’d like to load on them, from as little as $5 to as much as $300 per card!
Nearly 50 commissaries already sell these cards, and you can check the list below to see if yours is one of them! We are equipping the rest of our stores to load funds on the open value cards, but while this rollout continues, you can still purchase commissary gift cards at these locations in $25 and $50 denominations.
We are also partnering with NEXCOM to offer the new card for sale in its 45 main Navy Exchange stores.
Commissaries Now Selling Open Value Gift Cards
|Aberdeen PG||Fort Detrick||Newport NS|
|Andrews JB||Fort Drum||Norfolk NAVSTA|
|Annapolis NSA||Fort Eustis||Oceana NAS|
|Bangor ANGB||Fort Hamilton||Parris Island MCRD|
|Bolling AFB||Fort Jackson||Patuxent River NAS|
|Camp Lejeune MCB||Fort Lee||Picatinny Arsenal|
|Camp Merrill||Fort Meade||Pittsburgh Area|
|Carlisle Barracks||Fort Myer||Portsmouth NNSY|
|Charleston AFB||Hanscom AFB||Portsmouth NSY NH/ME|
|Charleston NWS||Lakehurst NAES||Quantico MCB|
|Cherry Point MCAS||Langley AFB||Saratoga Springs|
|Dahlgren NSF||Little Creek Navphibase||Seymour Johnson AFB|
|Dover AFB||Maxwell AFB||Shaw AFB|
|Forest Glen||McGuire AFB||Tobyhanna|
|Fort Belvoir||Mitchel Field||West Point|
|Fort Bragg North||New London|
|Fort Bragg South||New River MCAS|
Commissary Gift Card Facts
- Gift cards are available at all commissaries worldwide and online.
- Cards are valid for five years from the date of purchase.
- You will be charged shipping & handling fees for online orders, but there are no fees for purchasing gift cards in our stores.
- There’s no limit to the number of gift cards you can buy, but we recommend that organizations and activities consider ordering their gift cards online if they plan to purchase more than 50 cards at a time.
- Cards purchased online may be shipped anywhere in the United States or to an APO, FPO or DPO address outside of the U.S.
- You can check the balance of a gift card online or by calling 877-988-4438. This number is printed on the back of the card and is also the customer service line for gift card questions.
Have you ever given the gift of groceries to a military customer in your life? If so, please share your experience with us in the comments below!
We here at the Defense Commissary Agency wish you a joyous holiday season!