You’ve watched the parade and the football games, gathered around the table with loved ones and stuffed yourself with turkey (or tofurkey) and other holiday favorites. Another successful Thanksgiving is drawing to a close, but it’s not time to relax just yet, because the holiday shopping season is now in full swing! (OK, OK, we’ll let you have your late-afternoon nap before you get started… but at least finish this post first!)
This year, we hope you’ll consider a stress-free gift-giving option that you may not have tried before: giving the gift of groceries by purchasing commissary gift cards for the military customers in your life!
“Commissary gift cards are a perfect, thoughtful way to show your holiday gratitude, whether it’s honoring military families or giving the gift of groceries to single service members in the barracks.
This caring gift would allow them to stock up on grocery essentials they need for the holidays, saving their paycheck to use on other things that will make their holiday amazing.”
– Tracie Russ, Director of Sales, Defense Commissary Agency
Anyone Can Give The Gift of Groceries
One of the things that makes giving the gift of groceries so special is that you can buy a commissary gift card for an authorized commissary customer, even if you’re not military-affiliated! The cards are available for sale in our stores and online in $25 and $50 denominations. (But before your visit a store, if you’re not a commissary customer, call ahead to check what the local guest access policies are for the installation and the commissary, especially overseas!)
Commissary Gift Card Quick Facts:
- Gift cards are available at all commissaries worldwide and online.
- Cards are valid for five years from the date of purchase.
- You will be charged a shipping & handling fee for an online order, but there are no fees for purchasing a card in a store.
- There’s no limit to the number of gift cards you can buy, but we recommend that organizations and activities consider ordering their gift cards online if they plan to purchase more than 50 cards at a time.
- Cards can be shipped anywhere in the United States or to an APO, FPO or DPO address outside of the U.S.
- You can check the balance of a gift card online or by calling 877-988-4438. This number is printed on the back of the card and is also the customer service line for gift card questions.
Have you ever given the gift of groceries to a military customer in your life? If so, please share your experience with us in the comments below! And from all of us at the Defense Commissary Agency, we wish you a very happy holiday season!